First time trying English Tea Store's Bourbon St. Vanilla Caffeine Free Rooibos Loose Leaf Tea? Try our Sample Size of 1 ounce.
The Bourbon Street Vanilla Rooibos Caffeine Free Tea blend from English Tea Store has a cinnamon spice flavor that gives this Bourbon Street Vanilla Rooibos a wonderful vanilla n' jazz character. Terrific served hot and sensational served iced, you can also make rooibos lattes for a super taste (and if you listen carefully you will hear the riverboat steam whistles and wailing of a saxophone along the Mississippi).
Is there any other street in the United States that conjures up as many exotic images as Bourbon Street in the heart of New Orleans French Quarter does? From Voodoo to Jazz and Burlesque to Mardi Gras, Bourbon is the street where anything can, and does, happen. It was during a visit that our Master Taster came up with the idea for this blend. While perusing the shops of the French Quarter one evening, he caught a whiff of toasty Vanilla drifting from an alley. The smell was so hypnotizing he felt compelled to follow it and soon discovered that it was coming from a small makeshift voodoo shrine someone had constructed. He decided to capture the enticing character he had experienced and blend it with pure, caffeine free, South African Rooibos to reflect the African roots of the voodoo he had stumbled across. The result is an exceptionally smooth herbal tea with mysterious character and subtle notes of fresh vanilla.
This tea does contain nuts.
Contents loose leaf tea net weight 1 ounces
Antioxidant Content: Medium - The longer you steep your tea the more polyphenols will be extracted. (Test results based on 5 minutes steeping time. Polyphenol percentages may fluctuate with lot, grade of tea, testing method, temperature of water and freshness of tea). More antioxidants are extracted from tea (L. Camellia Sinesis), or rooibos (Asphalatus Linearis), the longer it is brewed and the more tea or rooibos that is used, the greater the antioxidant benefit.
200 milliliters (about 7 ounces) of brewed Rooibos contains the following nutrients:
- Iron: 0.07 milligrams - Essential for transport of oxygen in the blood
- Potassium: 7.12 milligrams - Assists certain metabolic functions
- Calcium: 1.09 milligrams - Necessary for strong teeth and bones
- Copper: 0.07 milligrams - Assists certain metabolic processes
- Zinc: 0.04 milligrams - Necessary for normal growth and development of healthy skin
- Magnesium: 1.57 milligrams - Promotes a healthy nervous system and other metabolic processes
- Fluoride: 0.22 milligrams - Necessary for strong teeth and bones
- Manganese: 0.04 milligrams - Assists metabolic processes and bone growth and development
- Sodium: 6.16 milligrams - Necessary for fluid and acid base balance
Read a review of this Rooibos on our English Tea Blog.